Ready to level up your networking?
“It’s one thing to take a picture of what a person looks like,
it's another thing to make a portrait of who they are!”
The Covid-19 pandemic has brought a drastic shift in the way we connect and establish relations. The pandemic accelerated the adoption of digitalization. The traditional business cards were replaced by digital business cards.
The physical business cards are no longer the only alternative to share contact information and build brand credibility. Whereas, the digital business cards can offer more convenience and have the capability to stand out from the crowd.
According to one survey by Statista , nearly 63% of business owners stated that online visibility helps improve brand image. The best digital business cards offer a significant value to individuals and businesses at feasible rates.
So, in this article, we will provide you a complete idea about what exactly is a digital business card? It will cover everything the pros and cons, its working, what is to be included in it and much more. Let’s have a look at on complete guide to digital business card !
What is a Digital Business Card?
A digital business card is a digital file that comprises contact information like brand logo, name, photo, contact number, email address, website details, social media links, and much more. Moreover, it is also referred to as Virtual business card or electronic business card. One can easily design cards in varied versions and can be customized with call-to-action using advanced tools.
In contrast to paper business cards, digital business cards are easy to modify, share and can create a professional impact. Sharing a digital business card has been easier than ever using varied platforms like text messaging, email, and QR codes.
So, are you struggling to find a perfect partner that can create digital business portfolios? Do not worry! Make a business card using Cardddle at ease and establish relations digitally over the globe!
Working of Electronic Business Card
An e-business card is a digital version of a traditional business card. They are electronically shared via varied technologies and platforms. The working of electronic business card comprise of few simple steps:
Business Card Creation:Ensure using appropriate software or online tools for creating e-business cards. The individual needs to add all the relevant contact details.
Format:The best digital business cards should be created in well-designed formats such as a static image, digital structured file or a PDF document.
File Sharing:Once after creating the digital business cards, it can be shared using various platforms like email, messaging apps, QR codes etc.
Accessibility:As soon as the e-business cards are shared, the recipient can easily access the information provided on the card. They can save the details for future reference.
Pros and Cons of Digital Business Cards
Unlike others, digital business cards also have pros and cons. Let’s explore!
Pros of Electronic Business Cards
- Virtual business cards are often less expensive as compared to paper business cards with a single-time investment.
- They are easy to design, share and modify in the digital world.
- Multiple customization options and can be updated easily.
- Digital business cards are environment friendly.
Cons of Electronic Business Cards
- Creating or sharing may become difficult in case of any technical issues.
- Business cards contain sensitive information and so, it is essential to keep secure and protect from hackers.
Overall, the pros of digital business cards outweigh the cons. The virtual business cards offer more flexibility and are effective enough.
How Do I Make a Digital Business Card?
Creating a virtual business card is simple. It requires a proper selection of platforms that is provided with multiple features and functionalities. To design an attractive digital business card, you may require design templates, branding options, analytics, and easy integration with other tools. Once after selecting the platform, you are required to follow a few simple steps and get your digital business card ready in no time! Let’s have a look!
- Choose the most appropriate design or template that perfectly aligns your brand.
- Do not miss out on adding any contact information like name, photo, phone number, email address, website, social media links etc.
- Include the logo, tagline and other elements that highlight your brand.
- Review and make changes, if required.
- Save it in the form of a PDF or image.
- Share the business card with your contacts via text message, email or QR codes and gain visibility.
What Should I Include on a Virtual Business Card?
When going digital, you can include everything on your smart digital business card without having to worry about space. Some of the essential fields that need to be included are:
- Basic contact details
- Badges & awards
To make a professional business card design, you can consider adding fields:
- Social media links.
- Add payment apps like PayPal, CashApp and Venmo
- Add chatting apps such as WhatsApp, Telegram, etc.
- Ensure adding streaming platforms like Discord.
- Add creative platforms like Behance.
- Add Skype.
- Make sure to add Calendly.
- Add notes.
How Do You Share Digital Business Cards?
Digital business cards can be shared using various methods like:
- Email: Once you make a digital business card, you can share it to the recipient directly via mail.
- Messaging Apps: Almost all the apps facilitate users to share files easily. They can share the e-business card as an attachment or either use in-built features that are designed to share the business card.
- QR Codes: QR Codes is one of the most advanced and widely used today by most of the individuals. The QR code can be easily scanned by the user which allows the user to save the details for future use.
- Mobile Apps: With technological advancements, there are mobile apps that offer users to design and customize the business cards. It is provided with advanced features like organizing and managing contacts, and integrating with social media.
Price Comparison: Paper Business Cards Vs. Digital Business Cards
When talking about the cost, digital business cards are more affordable than paper business cards. Whereas for physical business cards, the cost includes designing, printing paper cards and adds up when you require to reorder the cards.
On the other hand, digital business cards require only one time setup cost or low monthly subscription cost. Most of the digital business card apps come with free or low cost plans, while premium plans offer advanced features and functionalities.
Another added advantage is digital business cards are environment friendly. As a result, it eliminates the need for paper contributing to a more sustainable future!
Wrapping Up: Which is the Best Digital Business Card Solution?
Out of multiple options available in the market, it is a bit challenging to determine the best digital business card solution. One can choose a solution that best satisfies their needs depending on the budget, design preferences and the features.
For those searching for digital business solutions at feasible rates, Cardddle is a great choice. It is provided with multiple design templates and customization options that facilitate users to share your e-business card at ease!
We Hope you like our Complete Guide to Digital Business Card !
Frequently Asked Questions
A digital business card should include brand logo,name, contact number, website url, email address, social media links and a brief description of your business or services.
Yes, it is possible to create a QR code for my business card. Cardddle allow you to add a QR code that links to your card. One can easily scan the code and save the contact details.
There are several online platforms and tools that allow you to easily create business cards. Some of the top options include Canva, and Haystack. Moreover, Cardddle can even help create a custom digital business card for you!
Sending a business card on WhatsApp is simple. You need to create a business card and save it as an image. Then, open and select the recipient you want to send. Click on the attachment icon and choose the image of your business card.
Absolutely yes! You can easily design a virtual business card by yourself using online tools and platforms. It offers design templates and customization options to design a professional business card.